- Ruby Almeida (Quest, UK) e Christopher Vella (Drachma LGBTI sono i nuovi co-presidenti
- Benjamin Oh for Asia Pacific (Acceptance, Australia), Brizan Okollan for Africa (Upperrift Minorities, Kenia), Fernando González for South America and the Caribbean (Padis+, Chile), and Francis De Bernardo for North America (New Ways Ministry, USA) sono i rappresentanti delle regioni del mondo
- Joseanne Peregin (Drachma Parents Group, Malta) e Joanita Warry Ssenfuka (FARUG, Uganda) sono i membri rappresentativi del genere femminile.
- Andrea Rubera (Cammini di Speranza, Italy) è il rappresentante legale.
Di seguito riportiamo il bollettino n.5 del GBRC tutto dedicato all’assemblea fondativa
15 GENNAIO 2018
GNRC BOLLETINO Nº5
Notizie cattoliche LGBTI in tutto il mondo
The Second Assembly of the GNRC – November 30th to December 3rd 2017 – has now concluded and an amazing legacy for the Global Network of Rainbow Catholics will remain. It was a wonderful opportunity to strengthen the bonds among our members, and to also take major decisions as a unified community. From now on all of us at the GNRC acclaim “Hear a just a Cause” (Psalm 17, 1).
- Before the meeting, two interesting articles were released. An in depth interview with Michael Brinkschroeder and 4 testimonies about the lives of LGBTI Catholics around the world who helped prepare the vibes in Dachau.
- Later, more than 30 LGBTI Catholic and Christian groups gathered and officially joined the GNRC by signing the Constitutive Act as founder members. But their first mission was the discussion and approval of our Constitution and Internal Regulations documents, which are now officially registered under Italian law as of December 17th 2017.
- Also a new GNRC Board was elected for the period 2017 – 2019. Our Co-chairs Christopher Vella and Ruby Almeida – read Ruby´s Second Assembly Opening Greetings – have written an inspiring letter to our Community for the continuity of the tasks discussed during the regional pre-conferences and the working groups.
- Our appreciation goes to the Assembly organizers HuK and the Queergottesdienst München. Their strong commitment to organise such a fantastic conference was evident every day and especially so during the Inaugural Ceremony on November 30th and the highly emotional Mass celebrated in Munich on December 2nd.
- During the gathering we promoted and will continue supporting the fundraising campaign for the translation into English of the Book “May your lips kiss mine” by our colleague Eros Shaw. Take a sneak peak of it through its introductory text on our GNRC Website.
- At the end of the Assembly, a Press Release updated and summarized all the work undertaken in Dachau. Special thanks to the journalist Corinna Mayer, who aided us during the Assembly with Media and PR support.